How to add a new job
There are 3 simple ways of creating a new job:
- From the Dashboard: Click the green 'Add new' button located within the Upcoming jobs and appointments box.
2. From the Jobs Overview page: Click the green 'Add new job' button located on the top right hand side of the page.
3. From the Calendar page: Click the green 'Add new' button located on the top right hand side of the page OR click on a date within the calendar and the add new job lightbox will appear.
Add New Job lightbox
When you're adding a new job in Studio Ninja, you will be prompted for some basic information about the job:
This lightbox consists of four sections:
Primary Client Contact: Select an existing client by typing into the input box or click the 'Add new client' button to create a new client for this job.
Job Details: This is where you give your job a name, for example, Jenny & Matt’s Wedding or Johnston Family Portrait. Choose a workflow (click here to learn more about workflows) and finally choose a Job Type.
Job Schedule (Main shoot): This is where you choose a date and time for your job. If it's a wedding, you may want to tick the 'all day event' checkbox to block out the whole day in your calendar
Job Notes: Lastly, this is where you add any specific job notes, for example, names of people attending the shoot, shoot ideas and inspiration, shoot schedule, etc.
Job Profile page
As soon as you complete the add new job lightbox you will be redirected to the job profile page. This is the home of all the client information, job information, invoices, quotes, contracts, questionnaires, notes and emails relating to this specific job.
Use this page to:
- Review Job details
- Review Client details
- Track tasks about this job using the Workflow
- Send Invoices
- Send Quotes
- Sent Contracts
- Send Questionnaires
- Upload Files
- Make Notes
- Track and Send Emails.
If you need help with anything we are here for you :-)
- Message us in-app by clicking on the green chat icon on the bottom right hand side and one of our friendly staff with give you a hand. (Users accessing their account from the mobile app can click on Settings > Open Settings in web browser).
- Book a training session and Elle will help you through every step of the process to get you setup as quickly as possible. She can also answer any questions you may have and also make sure your account is running in the most efficient way.
- Join our Ninja community and chat with all of our users in the private (members only) Facebook Group.