The Record Payment feature is primarily used when your client pays you directly, via bank transfer, cheque or cash for example.
Here are a few other scenarios where the Record Payment feature can be used:
- The client has paid a deposit which was not included in the invoice.
- The client paid more than what was due according to the payment schedule amount.
- The client made an unscheduled extra payment.
Recording a payment can be done in two different ways.
1. With one click from the Payments tab
2. From an invoice that can be found on your client's Job Profile page.
How to find an invoice from the Job Profile page
To view the job profile page simply find and click on the job either from the dashboard, jobs overview page or the calendar.
Once you've found the job profile page, here are the steps to record a payment:
Step 1: Click on the 'View' button of an existing invoice that you would like to make changes to.
Step 2: Click on the 'Record payment' button.
Step 3: Enter the amount and the date when the payment was made then click on 'Save payment.'
Once you have done this, the balance due will automatically reflect the payment made on the invoice. You can also send your client a copy of their updated invoice for record-keeping by clicking the Sent Receipt button.