The Studio Ninja app has powerful yet easy to use invoicing / quoting features!
Before you get started...
Before diving in and trying to send invoices there are a few settings you need to have in place first. Make sure you have completed the following:
- Add your company info and upload your logo in Company Information
- Setup your Currency & Taxes
- Setup your Payment Method/s
- Setup your Payment Schedules & Reminders
- Added all your Products / Packages
- Setup your Email Settings
If you have completed all of the above settings, then you’re ready to start invoicing your clients!
Creating your first invoice / quote
Everything in Studio Ninja revolves around leads and jobs, so to send an invoice or quote you need to create either a lead or job first. Click here to learn how to create a job.
In this example, please add yourself as the primary client so you can receive and review the invoice and make sure you're happy with everything before creating real invoices.
From the Job Profile page, click on the 'Add new invoice' button.
Welcome to the New Invoice page (below).
Now simply work your way through and fill in the invoice details:
Step 1: Choose a product / package from the drop down menu OR create your own by typing in the input boxes.
Step 2: Add a discount and choose an option from the drop down menu of either a fixed price discount or a percentage of the order.
Step 3: Set a due date of when you would like the invoice to be paid OR select a payment schedule from the drop down menu.
Step 4: Choose to attach a contract to this invoice. Leave it blank if you don't want to attach a contract.
Step 5: Choose to attach a questionnaire to this invoice. Leave it blank if you don't want to attach a questionnaire.
Step 6: Click the 'Save invoice' button.
Send your invoice
After saving the invoice you will then be taken to the View Invoice page (below). This is where you preform all the actions relating to invoicing. For example:
- recording payments
- paying invoices online
- writing off payments
- sending invoices
- previewing invoices
- editing invoices
- deleting invoice
If you are happy with everything, click the 'Send Invoice' button and the Send Invoice lightbox will appear.
By default the Invoice Email Template will appear so all you have to do is click the 'Send invoice' button.
Feel free to make changes to the body text of this email to make it sound more on brand or permanently make changes to this email by going to Settings > Email Settings & Templates and editing the Invoice Email Template.
Previewing your invoice
Go and check your email.
Open it and click the link that says 'Please click here to view and pay your invoice online'.
You will be taken to the client portal. This is what your clients will see and this is where your clients will pay invoices, accepts quotes, sign contracts and complete questionnaires.
Congratulations, you've just setup, created and sent your first invoice. It now time to start adding real invoices into Studio Ninja!
If you need help with anything we are here for you :-)
- Message us in-app by clicking on the green chat icon on the bottom right hand side and one of our friendly staff with give you a hand.
- Book a training session and Chris will help you through every step of the process to get you setup as quickly as possible. He can also answer any questions you may have and also make sure your account is running in the most efficient way.
- Join our Ninja community and chat with all of our users in the private (members only) Facebook Group.