Changing systems is never easy, so we have done everything in our power to make Studio Ninja as user-friendly as possible so that when it's time to make the transition it is hopefully as painless as possible.
The challenge is that all studio management systems are built differently and unfortunately there is no automated way to move all your data from your previous software into Studio Ninja.
You have a couple of options:
Option 1: Manually transfer EVERYTHING from your previous system into Studio Ninja.
Based on how long you have been shooting this can be a time consuming task. You may want to hire a data entry person to help, or just pour yourself a glass of wine and get started :-) Click here to learn how to import all your clients using a CSV file
For the quickest way to add existing bookings into Studio Ninja please follow the steps below:
1. Click the 'Add New' button on the dashboard.
2. Choose the 'Job' option
3. This is the New Job lightbox. In the Client area, click on the 'Add New Client' button.
4. Type in all the primary client details (for example, the bride). Remember, the first name and email address are mandatory fields. When you're finished, click the 'Save' button.
5. Now, back in the New Job lightbox, fill in the rest of the job details. When you're finished, click the 'Save' button.
6. Welcome to the Job Profile page. This is where everything lives, including quotes, invoices, contracts, questionnaires, notes and any outgoing emails that have been sent for this particular job.
At this point you will probably want to add an invoice for the job and record any payments made that you have already received from your client. Click on the 'Add New Invoice' button.
7. Create an invoice and include what your client ordered. Also add a due date for this invoice of when you would like to get your final payment.
8. Click on the 'Save Invoice' button.
9. Welcome to the View Invoice page. If your invoice has already been partially paid, you will want to record that payment. Click on the 'Record Payment' button and record the amount of money that you have already received.
10. You will now noticed that one amount has been recorded to this invoice and the remaining balance will be due on the due date you specified when creating the invoice.
That's it! Now this job is in the system, it's in the calendar and the invoice has been created. If you have setup your payment reminders in settings then Studio Ninja will automated send an invoice reminder to this client when their invoice is due.
If you have allocated a Workflow to this Job, you may want to go back to the Job Profile page and quickly check the Workflow steps. Depending on which stage of the job you are at, you may want to make changes to your workflow. For example, you may want to delete some tasks that are no longer relevant, like an auto email that says "Thanks for booking..."! :-)
Option 2: Continue using your previous system for all your existing jobs and only put new jobs into Studio Ninja.
This will give you a fresh start. Once you finish all the jobs that are on your old system, you can stop using it and only use Studio Ninja moving forward.