Settings > Email Settings
This is where you setup your email server, signature and notifications. So let's break it down into the different sections and explain each one in detail.
We offer our photographers three different options for sending emails:
- Studio Ninja server
- SMTP server
Studio Ninja Server
By default, when you send emails from Studio Ninja the emails will send from the Studio Ninja servers. This means that emails will send from your company name, have a reply address of your email address BUT will appear as:
Your Company Name <email@example.com>
If you host your email address on Gmail then this is the option for you. Simply click the 'Connect' button and login to your Google account. It's that easy!
Now emails will be sent from your Gmail server instead of the Studio Ninja server. You will be able to see all outgoing emails from Studio Ninja in your sent items in Gmail and your emails will appear as:
Your Company Name <firstname.lastname@example.org>
If you host your email under your own business domain then this is the option for you. To set this up you will need your Outgoing Mail Server settings which you should be able to get from your current email client (the software you use to send and receive emails)
Once set up your emails will appear as:
Your Company Name <email@example.com>
Here is the information you will need:
- Sender name: You can put your company name here or your name. This will appear in your client inbox when they receive emails from you.
- Username: This is your unique username for this outgoing mail server. Usual this is your email address.
- Password: This is your unique password for this email account
- SMTP Server: This is the outgoing mail server for this email account. Usually it is mail.yourdomain.com but can vary depending on the provider.
- Port: This can vary depending on the outgoing mail server but usually it is 465
- SSL: Means 'Secure Sockets Layer' and is an option from your email provider. Check this with your email provider first before ticking this option as the Port number may change if you enable SSL.
The email signature will appear at the bottom of all the emails sent from Studio Ninja. Feel free to customise your email signature as much as you like and remember, you can add links and an image to your email signature too.
Tick this box if you would like to receive email notifications whenever a client completes a task in your client portal, including:
- Accepts or declines a quote
- Signs a contract
- Completes a questionnaire
- Makes a credit card payment
Enabling email notifications is a great way to keep up to date track of what all your clients are doing in the client portal.